Two months after announcing its plans to bring a Bitcoin hardware wallet to the market, Jack Dorsey’s Sqaure Inc is taking further initiatives. Recently, Dorsey tweeted that his company is looking to hire a hardware wallet engineer who will help them build a non-custodial crypto wallet.
The development for the same will be completely open-source and the details will be all in public. Thus, if you’re the right fit for the job you can be a part of Square’s team.
— jack⚡️ (@jack) August 6, 2021
In its job listing, Sqaure Inc has explicitly mentioned its requirement for the job. The job description reads:
We’re making a hardware wallet for the next 100M bitcoin users. Our goal is economic empowerment — starting with bringing easy-to-use, reliable self-custody to a global audience.
We’re assembling a team deeply experienced in an extremely wide range of disciplines, including business, operations, design, software, hardware, security, and so many other aspects of product delivery. Come build the future of crypto-enabling hardware with us!
Square’s Crypto Initiative
Jack Dorsey is an ardent supporter of Bitcoin and crypto technology and so his company has initiated some key initiatives in the crypto space. Recently, the company clocked 3x growth in Q2 2021 with its Bitcoin revenue shooting at $2.72 billion.
The company has invested more than $220 million in Bitcoin over the last year. In its report, the company noted that “as of June 30, 2021, the fair value of our investment in bitcoin was $281 million based on observable market prices, which is $127 million greater than the carrying value of the investment.”
Last month, Jack Dorsey also announced that Square will be building a DeFi ecosystem atop the Bitcoin blockchain network. Square shall be building an “easy to create non-custodial, permissionless, and decentralized financial services,” noted Dorsey.
Earlier this week, Square also acquired Australia-based fintech company Afterpay for a massive $29 billion in a cash + stock deal.
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Crypto.com Users Reportedly Lose $15 Million Or At Least 4,600 ETH
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?