Major news coming from the ongoing Bitcoin Conference 2022 in Miami! The digital payments platform Strike announced its integration with e-commerce giant Shopify to allow millions of merchants across the world to accept payments in Bitcoin.
Strike said that the integration with Shopify has been designed with absolute ease of use for merchants. This integration will allow merchants to easily accept Bitcoin payments from customers worldwide in the form of U.S. Dollars.
Besides, customers can save costs on processing fees through cash-final settlements. With the latest Strike integration, Shopify merchants can diversify their existing payment options to reach untapped global markets.
Strike will leverage the Layer-2 solution Lightning Network to instantly convert Bitcoin payments to USD. This will help to avoid any major price volatility in the BTC price. Speaking about this development, Jack Mallers, founder and CEO of Strike said:
“We’re proud to partner with Shopify to provide merchants with a cheaper and faster way to accept U.S. dollars using Bitcoin technology. The Lightning Network is a global payments network that lowers costs, enhances speed, drives innovation, improves financial inclusion, and brings the power of choice to consumers and merchants.”
McDonald’s and Walmart Also Consider Strike Integration
Speaking at the Bitcoin Conference 2022, Miller said that this provision will be extended even to offline merchants. This includes giants like Walmart and McDonald’s. This also includes a comprehensive list of several merchants operating across the United States.
— Miles Deutscher (@milesdeutscher) April 7, 2022
While announcing this major transformation in digital payments, Miller took this moment to lash out at the traditional financial institutions. He added:
“There’s not been since 1949 a superior payments network that allows us to innovate, build on financial inclusion, offer cheaper services faster services. My grandfather used the same technology as I do. That’s not American, that’s bullshit.”
Miller has received praise from some of the top Bitcoin proponents like Jack Dorsey.
thank you @jackmallers. you're an incredible inspiration.
— jack⚡️ (@jack) April 7, 2022
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?