It seems that Do Kwon and his team have finally arrived with their Terra Ecosystem revival plan after one of the biggest crashes in the history of crypto earlier this month. As per the announcement, a new chain dubbed Terra 2.0 shall be launched on Friday, May 27.
The announcement states that “the Terra ecosystem has voted to pass Proposal 1623, calling for the genesis of a new blockchain”. As per the proposed plan, the original blockchain will be split off with the old chain being called Terra Classic. The new blockchain will get the name Terra which will run without any algorithmic stablecoin.
Similarly, the old Luna token shall be called Luna Classic (LUNC) while the new token gets the name LUNA. Do Kwon and his team have decided that all holders of the earlier LUNA and UST cryptocurrencies shall get the new crypto in an airdrop on Thursday. This will rely on the snapshots taken of the old Terra network for verifying participants.
6/ Token distribution details can be found in the governance proposal, but to summarize:
● Community pool: 30%
● Pre-attack $LUNA holders: 35%
● Pre-attack aUST holders: 10%
● Post-attack $LUNA holders: 10%
● Post-attack $UST holders: 15%
— Terra 🌍 Powered by LUNA 🌕 (@terra_money) May 25, 2022
However, Terra has mentioned that due to technical constraints, it won’t be possible to include all LUNA and UST holdings on Terra in the snapshot. This includes UST or LUNA bridged off of Terra, Users with bridges LUNA or UST who are willing to be included in the post-attack snapshot should bridge back to the Terra blockchain.
The snapshot will also not include UST or LUNA on CW3 multi-sig contracts. Although it will try to include most of the UST or LUNa, there will be some edge cases.
Crypto Exchanges Extend support to the Terra 2.0 Plan
Some of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges have come forward in support of the Terra 2.0 launch. Cryptocurrency exchange Huobi said that it would support the launch while OKX said that they would be supporting the airdrop of the new LUNA tokens. On the other hand, the world’s largest crypto exchange Binance announced:
“The Terra community just passed a vote to ‘Rebirth Terra Network’. We are working closely with the Terra team on the recovery plan, aiming to provide impacted users on Binance with the best possible treatment. Stay tuned for further updates.”
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?