Mining is no longer a labor-intensive activity nowadays; this term is more associated with cryptocurrency. In this process, new cryptocurrencies enter into circulation by the user; a user forms a blockchain network using a series of hardware. This is not an easy task; creating such a network is expensive, demanding very costly, and too much electricity. However, a bitcoin and Ethereum miner have found a way to get minimal cost of electricity by connecting his MacBook to his Tesla model of 2018, reported CleanTechnica.
San Francisco-based Siraj Raval mines Ethereum by connecting a series of GPUs to his Tesla car battery. He told CNBC how he mined cryptocurrencies by using an internal computer and battery power of the car. He claims that he was netting $800 per month during that peaked period of 2021.
According to CNBC, he’s run free bitcoin mining software on his Apple MacBook and powered the computer by plugging an inverter into the 12-volt power socket in the car’s center console. Although this voided the warranty of the car, he accepted its worth.
His car is a computer on wheels
Speaking more to CNBC, he says, about his blockchain network, that his car is a computer on wheels; it’s so simple to hack into the computer car. He did all these things by using an algorithm. His Tesla car offers 320 miles (approx) per charge, and for this, charging takes $15. His monthly expense on charging was up to $40, which could be lesser than the monthly electricity bill when mining crypto. However, Tesla is an expensive car; it costs up to $100,000. To minimize his setup expenses, Raval uses second-hand GPUs bought on eBay.
Experts did this earlier too
Even earlier people have experimented with this method.
Cheris Allessi, a Wisconsin’s first car dealer, tells CNBC that he decided to tinker with his Tesla car in 2018. He, also known as K-Man on his YouTube Channel, builds a custom electric car in his spare time. Allessi has tried out many different ways to convert his Tesla Model S into a crypto mining rig.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?