South Korea’s SK Telecom said it plans to expand its rapidly-growing Ifland metaverse into Europe through a German partnership.
During a first-quarter call, South Korea’s largest telecom operator said it will introduce an open platform and crypto-economic system for Ifland. Moreover, the company aims to expand its Ifland metaverse to 80 countries in the second half of the year.
SK Telecom’s metaverse goals are supported by the South Korean government and other local companies.
SK Telecom Plans Taking Metaverse to Europe
SK Telecom has already started to expand Ifland into international markets. The company signed a deal with Deutsche Telekom- Germany’s largest telecom operator- to introduce a German version of its Ifland metaverse by the end of the year.
The expansion into other European countries may follow after a successful launch in Germany.
SK Telecom reported solid earnings in the first quarter, with the Ifland metaverse seeing an average 1.35 million users in March, local news outlets reported.
Yang Maeng-Seok, head of SK Telecom’s Metaverse, thinks the Ifland metaverse could serve as a new means of communication and community meetings.
With the open platform, we can directly create avatars and spaces, and we plan to expand into 80 countries in the second half of the year, providing support and content transactions based on the crypto-economic system.
In line with advancing its metaverse, the company recently partnered with Morph Interactive to introduce props, avatars, costumes, and spaces.
Crypto Market Expands in South Korea
The crypto market in South Korea is witnessing massive growth under South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol. Recently, Yoon Suk-yeol has decided to delay the crypto tax and repealed the 2017 ICO ban. The government’s support of the crypto community will increase crypto adoption in the country.
South Korean giants such as SK Group are leading the crypto adoption as they delve into metaverse, NFTs, and cryptocurrencies.
- Why Billionaire Ray Dalio Is Still Betting Big On Bitcoin (BTC)?
- CZ Fuels Rumors Of Binance’s Trading Service Launch In Dubai
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- Shiba Inu The Most-Held Token By ETH Whales, Is Metaverse Hype Back?
- South Korean Terra Holders Skyrocketed After Its Crash, Here’s Why
- Verse Metaverse – LA Villa Hand Over On May 30
- Bitcoin (BTC) Faces A Crash To 2020 Lows, Here’s Why
- On-Chain Data: Bitcoin (BTC) Always Pegs Higher Trust Over Ether (ETH) in Bear Market
- Is Terra’s Singapore Office A “Paper Company?”
- Bitcoin (BTC) Options Market Hints Major Downside Risks Over Next 3-6 Months
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?