Moments ago, social media giant Twitter, announced that it was rolling out NFT profile pictures for IOS users.
The announcement is in line with an earlier one in September 2021, stating that the platform will soon start allowing users to authenticate NFTs. And much to the excitement of NFT owners on the platform, the moment is finally here.
However, there might be more to the announcement than meets the eye.
Twitter Continues To Drive Mass Crypto Adoption
With over 186 million users to its name, there’s no telling the kind of massive exposure a platform like Twitter brings to cryptocurrency. In fact, towards the tail end of 2021, the social media company also enabled Bitcoin tipping all pointing to the platform’s focus on driving crypto adoption. But is that all about it?
Thursday’s announcement will surely go a long way in ensuring the global adoption and use of these assets, but there seems to be more to this.
For some reason, the NFT integration announcement that was made just moments ago is seemingly a marketing move by the platform.
First off, the service is only available for Twitter Blue subscribers. Interesting one might say, as this could be a way to appeal to NFT fans and enthusiasts to buy the Twitter Blue subscriptions monthly, all in the name of NFT and crypto. But that’s not all.
Another important thing to note is that the service is only available in some selected countries.
Twitter Blue official statement reads in part:
“We’ve launched Twitter Blue in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.”
Meanwhile, the tech giant also claims that the blue version is just the beginning of many steps as it looks to give its users a next-level experience.
As promised by the platform, the blue version will be offering users exclusive access to premium features, just as is seen with this NFT profile picture integration.
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?