Former Walt Disney CEO Robert Iger is personally investing and joining the Board of Directors of metaverse startup Genies. Iger has headed Disney which is known for its animated characters for more than a decade. Now he will lend his expertise to a company that provides users a platform to create their own digital avatars.
Robert heading towards Metaverse
Robert Iger has joined the company’s Board of Directors which includes NEA’s Rick Yang venture capitalists Mary Meeker, Genies CEO & co-founder Akash Nigam and Genies co-founder Evan Rosenbaum.
Iger’s run with Disney ended in 2021 after 15 years of creating magic with animation and now he aims to empower humans to create the “mobile apps of web3”. However, It was reported that Disney is also gearing up to step into metaverse and NFT space.
I’ve always been drawn to the intersection between technology and art, and Genies provides unique and compelling opportunities to harness the power of that combination to enable new forms of creativity, expression and communication, said Bob Iger.
Genies announced Robert Iger’s arrival by dropping an avatar for him.
— Robert Iger (@RobertIger) March 14, 2022
Ever since the Metaverse word has made it to the internet, every user has been curious about its creation and adoption. Genies a company founded in 2017, lets users create their own digital avatars for the virtual world. The company is very famous among the celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Lil Nas X, Cardi B, and more which makes it trending among the netizens. However, Genies claim that it has secured 99% celebrity avatar market share.
Its adoption by the celebs and its online presence helped Genies to land a deal with both Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group. The company will partner with both giants as ‘official avatars and digital goods NFT provider.’
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59