The cryptocurrency market has witnessed one of the most brutal corrections of 2021 with the overall market tanking more than 15% in a matter of hours. The world’s two top cryptocurrencies plunged nearly 20% earlier today before bouncing back marginally.
Bitcoin (BTC) witnessed a low near $43,000 while Ethereum (ETH) witnessed a low around $3,500. However, the chatter around buy-the-dips is gaining much traction. As on-chain data provider Santiment reports:
Bitcoin fell all the way to $43.5k about an hour ago, along with #Ethereum dropping to $3.54k. However, prices are bouncing with the largest #buythedip interest spike in 3 months. Renewed #covid concerns among larger stakeholders should tell the story.
El Salvador President Nayyib Bukele was quick enough to buy the Bitcoin dip. He announced an additional purchase of 150 Bitcoins at around $48,700 levels.
Omicron Fear Grips Global Markets
The recent spread of the Omicron Covid variant has put doubts on the economic reopening worldwide. This has put the global market under major pressure forcing investors to move towards safe-haven assets. Vijay Ayyar, head of Asia Pacific with crypto exchange Luno in Singapore.
“Markets have also been jittery with all the uncertainty around omicron, with cases now appearing in many countries. It’s hard to say what that means for economies and markets and hence the uncertainty.”
As a matter of today’s price correction, more than $2 billion from the broader crypto markets were liquidated in a matter of hours.
$2.2b liquidated in 12h.
Bitcoin OI plunged 25% pic.twitter.com/1QFCeX1rMp
— Lex Moskovski 🐙 (@mskvsk) December 4, 2021
The Bitcoin futures Open Interest (OI) has also plunged significantly with a staggering $3.3 billion worth of OI getting closed out in just an hour. This was around 17% of all the open contracts. Going ahead, the cooling-off of the Bitcoin open interest could be healthy leading to the price recovery. Lead on-chain analyst at Glassnode, Checkmate.btc expects the market to recover and wants investors not to panic at this point.
By the way –> hang in there.
Don't get shaken out here, the damage is already done, and the market WILL recover from today's red candle in due course.
— _Checkmate.btc 🔑⚡🦬🌋checkonchain.com🌋 (@_Checkmatey_) December 4, 2021
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?