Bitcoin bulls have taken residence in the crypto market as price reaches $6,920 level while altcoins take a hike in tandem with Bitcoin. With the shorts declining and longs to get excited, bulls are expected to take the price above the $7k mark.
Bitcoin bulls invade the crypto market
Bitcoin is enjoying significant gains as it climbs over $7,000 barrier. With 24-hours gains of about 4 percent, bulls seem to have taken the residence in the crypto market. Starting the day at $6,872, Bitcoin reached $7,126 at one point.
The one-day price chart below shows the jump in bitcoin price:
At the time of writing, Bitcoin has been exchanging hands at $7,070. Bitcoin bulls have been shaken off as Bitcoin ETF rejection losing its effect in the market with emphasization from the experts that market doesn’t really need them.
Bitcoin ETF rejection isn’t all that important says Jonathan Hamel of Acadamie Bitcoin in Montreal because institutional Bitcoin products are being built (Coinbase, Bank of America today) and investors will come to crypto through custodian solutions.
In an interview with Forbes: pic.twitter.com/Ma0nUoUSr9
— Joseph Young (@iamjosephyoung) August 27, 2018
24-hour percentage change in top cryptocurrencies:
- Ethereum (ETH) – 4.79% at $290
- XRP – 7.24% at $0.351
- Stellar (XLM) – 5.87% at $0.231
- IOTA (MIOTA) – 17.92% at $0.708
- Tron (TRX) – 15.86% at $0.0.027
Bulls gonna win this time, shorts are disappearing while longs are excited
If we take a look at Bitcoin short positions where a bet is made that an asset will fall in value, they have been on a rise since Bitcoin hit its peak last year.
However, recently there has been a significant shift in those shorts as according to the latest Commitments of Traders (COT) report shared by US CFTC, the bitcoin bears are easing off from the market. The net position on bitcoin futures has declined by 1,266 for the week ending August 21. As for short positions, it has fallen down to 3,426 which is a decline of 210 contracts in comparison to its previous week. However, the long positions are up by 56 contracts at 2,160.
According to Brian Kelly, Bitcoin bull and cryptoanalyst from CNBC, the data from CME exchange suggests that the overall Bitcoin futures market is indicating a rising demand and maturity:
“Here’s CME Futures open interest of large holders. [As of] April, you’re starting to see a big increase… about an 85 percent growth rate. If you extrapolate that out, by February 2019, you’re going to have a very robust market here.”
However, a bit of caution is always there as the Relative Strength Index (RSI) show that price can go a bit higher but turn towards exhaustion. Not to mention that Stochastic already displays overbought scenario, so it is expected Bitcoin can again decline. But the unpredictable crypto market rarely follows a technical pattern, so for now, waiting for more bulls is the way to go.
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?