The decentralized finance (DeFi) market has never been in a bad state than now with two big protocols – Terra and Celcius – facing major crises within a month’s time. Some analysts told Bloomberg that there are some major existential issues within the DeFi space.
Mahin Gupta, founder of Liminal, a digital-asset custody platform said: “What is happening with Celsius will have serious repercussions for the industry. It’s a not-insignificant player, and its apparent failure will have ripple effects.”
The recent fragility in the DeFi space is a reminder outsized yields could be sometime too good to be true. However, Bitcoin maximalist Michael Saylor believes that Bitcoin can come to the rescue of the DeFi market. Responding to the Bloomberg article on Tuesday, Saylor wrote:
“The sound ethical, economic & technical foundation for DeFi is Bitcoin. The next generation of DeFi will be built using the #Lightning protocol and the BTC token”.
As such, the MicroStrategy CEO has been quite bullish about Lightning Network, Bitcoin’s Layer 2 scalability solution. Saylor believes that Bitcoin is the future of money and the Lightning protocol will help to scale transactions more efficiently. He said:
“If you’re going to do payments and transactions high speed, you’re going to need a base layer that’s ethically sound, economically sound, and technically sound. That’s what Bitcoin is. But then billions and billions of transactions are going to go on a layer 2 like Lightning.”
Bitcoin Could Be Cheaper Than It Looks
Jurrien Timmer, head of Global Macro at Fidelity wrote that Bitcoin could be cheaper than it looks. He adds:
If we consider a simple “P/E” metric for BTC to be the price/network ratio, then that ratio is back to 2017 and 2013 levels, even though BTC itself is only back to late 2020 levels. Valuation often is more important than price.
Just as CoinGape reported, Bitcoin’s retail accumulation has continued despite this price correction.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?