So round 2 debate of the Tangle in Taipei, conducted between BitMEX boss, Arthur Hayes and Dr. Doom (Nouriel Roubini) has recently revealed. While the result of the debate seems nothing specific yet, the crypto community is calling it just “Hilarious”.
Round 2 – Crypto v/s Fiat v/s Digital
The best part of the debate that makes everyone exciting is that – only the Asia Blockchain Summit organizer and the BitMEX has the tapes as it was excitedly held behind the closed doors. Now the BitMEX exchange has released a second round of the tape.
The first round was based on the topic “Holy Trinity in Crypto – Decentralization, security, and scalability” wherein Roubini calls whole system “Bitcoin” as corrupt and ridiculous, and Arthur seems more financial privacy in it. Whereas the second round was focused on Crypto v/s Fiat v/s Digital.
In a second round of the tape, the footage reveals that American Economist and NY Professor, Nouriel Roubini shouts at crypto community and its leaders, yelling as “there are terrorists, criminals, tax evaders, human traffickers. Continuing his angry tone, he said there are all sorts of criminals out there’s the lots of shady stuff happening.
He further bashed at Bitcoin, shouting that this shitcoin is against the whole idea of cryptocurrency. At the center of the whole debate, Roubini pointed out at the business model of BitMEX and says that it is completely exploitative for retail investors. Above all, he believes that BitMEX is operating without sufficient regulations.
While few think the video is just Hilarious, the Moderator Andrew Neil hushed Roubini during a longer argument and shouted “Quite”. He quickly remarked
“There’s no point in the two of you talking over each other because we can’t understand a word you’re saying.” “It’s actually hard enough when you’re not talking over each other,”
Benefits of Crypto
When asked about what are the main benefits of Crypto, Arthur took up the mike and said “We need a choice” and Bitcoin represents an opportunity.
Bitcoin represents an opportunity instead of using courts laws and violence to govern how money is transferred between individuals and parties, we use open source software cryptography and math now which one successful, Arthur said. As a society, we definitely need a choice and that is what bitcoin represents a choice for a different way to govern financial transactions
While given the opportunity to Roubini on the same topic, he referred revolution is already based on artificial intelligence, big data and the Internet of Things. He further compared transactions over Bitcoin v/s transactions via Visa and states that “bitcoin is not scalable, it does five transactions per second whereas VISA does 25,000 transactions per seconds” and explains that;
There are payment systems today used by billions of people for billions of transactions a day – not 5 transactions per second and it (Bitcoin) is not scalable.
In a longer harangue, Roubini again directs back his thought to Arthur and elaborates, It is a business of one shitcoins being traded against another shitcoins and middleman like him (BitMEX/Arthur), they make money.
They don’t consider – whether it goes up, goes down, as long as their volume backs out the Commission, Roubini said.
Image Source – Video snap
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?