FTX.US, the US affiliate of Hong Kong-based crypto exchange FTX has acquired the parent company behind crypto derivatives exchange LedgerX. The acquisition could see FTX.US bring regulated crypto derivative services to US customers. The funding details of the acquisition weren’t revealed by the company but the deal will reportedly close in October this year.
— SBF (@SBF_FTX) August 31, 2021
LedgerX, a CFTC approved crypto options and futures trading platform that settles physical contracts and has processed over 10 million crypto options and swap contracts, becoming a leading crypto derivative service provider. The recent acquisition by FTX.US whose parent company recently closed the highest crypto funding round in access of $900 million will look to create retail and institutional derivative products for the crypto market.
FTX.US president Brett Harrison said,
“It’s only natural to want to engage the largest capital market in the world inside the US with that same product through all of our existing institutional and retail customers who want to trade these products,”
LedgerX would initially continue offering its services to existing clients but over time both brands would merge. The partnership could help FTX.US climb the crypto derivatives market as well.
Would FTX.US Lead the Crypto Derivative Market in the US?
FTX.US has made significant progress in just over a year’s worth of experience, while its parent company is on an acquisition spree, signing multiple sports and naming right deals, the US-based sister company has also made significant progress. The US crypto derivatives market is largely unexplored given the high level of regulatory clampdowns. The partnership could help FTX.US elevate to become market leader especially at a time when the completion is rising.
Zach Dexter, CEO, and co-founder of LedgerX said,
“US crypto derivatives is an incredibly underserved market, and it took time and resources for us to become a regulated entity under the existing frameworks. FTX.US has taken the view, which we share, that US regulators are ready and willing to partner on innovative products, and it’s the responsibility of the industry as a whole to step up and work with agencies like the CFTC.”
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?