GameStop (GME), the infamous video gaming company that got a new lease of life in 2021, all thanks to Reddit and retail buyers has revealed its NFT plans. As per the report published in Bloomberg, GameStop is planning to go from being famous for its brick-and-mortar store to a fully digital platform. The firm is reportedly in talks with several blockchains and crypto firms to understand the demand in the market.
GameStop plans to set up multiple funds each of up to $100 million that would be invested in Artists, content creators, and game studios. The fact that play-to-earn (P2E) games are currently the biggest craze in the NFT ecosystem, GME can potentially take on the P2E market with its vast gaming experience.
While NFTs first came into existence in 2012 itself, they got the necessary traction in the 2019-20 phase when sports leagues started to use them as fan tokens. However, 2021 turned the market on its head as it got as popular as the Defi market and despite the growing number of scams hinting at a potential market top, the NFT ecosystem continues to expand with mainstream players.
GameStop can build its own gaming metaverse
The NFT craze added with the Metaverse theme offers a massive market opportunity for new entrants and Gamestop could potentially take the initiative to build its own gaming metaverse. Facebook, the largest social media platform with over $2 billion customers recently rebranded itself to Meta to make its Metaverse plans clear. Similarly, GME with potentially hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal can develop their own gaming metaverse.
NFTs’ popularity can and potential could be understood from the success of OpenSea, an NFT marketplace built on top of the Ethereum network. OpenSea recently closed a $300 million funding round giving it a valuation of over $13 billion. The NFT marketplace became a multi-billion dollar company within a year.\
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?