Tech giant Nvidia has now made Omniverse — its real-time 3D simulation and design collaboration platform, available to artists and creators, completely for free. The firm made the announcement on Tuesday during a Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. At the event, Nvidia also revealed some new features that have just been added to the product, dubbing it the “metaverse for engineers.”
Nvidia Adds New Features To The Omniverse
Nvidia also announced that the Omniverse has been updated with new features. Amongst the new features is the one-click collaboration tool called Nucleus Cloud. The firm has also added new extensions, connectors, and asset libraries built by some of Nvidia’s partners.
The partners include digital asset libraries and 3D marketplaces like Sketchfab, TurboSquid by Shutterstock, Twinbru, and CGTrader.
How Is The Omniverse Supposed To Help Creators?
Designers and creators in general can create 3D assets and scenes from their computer using the Omniverse. This is because the Omniverse combines artificial intelligence (AI), scalable computing, simulation tools, and graphics to connect different 3D design worlds. These worlds, even though they are made with incompatible tools, can be merged into a shared virtual scene with the help of the Omniverse.
Recall that the beta version of Omniverse launched in early 2021 and a paid subscription version soon followed by November of the same year. Even, more than 100,000 creators have downloaded the Omniverse according to the firm.
But as Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang said during a presentation at Computex last summer, the company envisions “many types of metaverses”. Amongst the types would be the NFT-based augmented reality version and then the video game version.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?