Brokers and exchanges are the best people to guess the direction of markets and their price predictions are usually in line as they have first-hand access to data that gives the picture of the investment trends. Well if this time the prediction of an exchange operator comes true we could be seeing a crypto market cap of USD 1 trillion as this is what Kraken CEO Jesse Powell predicts.
Kraken CEO optimistic as bulls take over the market
Powell’s positive statement of combined crypto market cap reaching USD 1 trillion has graced the industry as bulls take over the market, which has seen most cryptocurrencies experience significant gains. Powell stated that that the remaining months of the year would see cryptocurrencies experience massive gains. Thus be able to pull back from their current lows. The main reason behind Powell’s positive statement is that this year has seen most cryptocurrencies undergo increased adoption, also, many people are aware of cryptocurrencies compared to the previous year. As such, these would propel the total market cap to $1 trillion by the end of 2018.
Mike Novogratz, a Bitcoin advocate and Founder of Galaxy digital had stated in July that the market cap will reach $800 billion, but according to him, this would happen in 12 months. Mike also attributed his prediction to the increased adoption. Additionally, he stated that more people are excited about digital coins and their technology since they are attending crypto conferences as well as joining crypto-related businesses.
Also, read: Bitcoin Bulls Going Strong Meanwhile IOTA, ICON, & VeChain Driving the Market by Horns
Powell prediction could come true as eToro also sees demand for Bitcoin trading rising
Last week eToro CEO Yoni Assia in an interview had said that the trading platform had seen consistent demand in recent months from retail investors for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Assia, who oversees one of the biggest online trading platforms in the global finance sector with more than 8 million users, said that market correction was necessary in order for the crypto market and industry to mature, establishing a foundation for future rallies. He emphasized that the demand for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as an emerging asset class has not declined even after the 78 percent correction in the valuation of the crypto market.
Assia said to NewsBTC in an exclusive interview
“In our view, the recent market correction is good for the long-term development of the market. Cryptoassets are still a relatively nascent market; emerging technologies like this often see swings in their value in the early days. Market adjustments like those we have experienced recently help to stabilize prices and make the industry more robust. Despite these adjustments, however, we have not seen a significant dip in demand for digital assets.”
“As the market matures, more investors are expanding their portfolios to include cryptos, while new investors are opening portfolios to trade crypto assets. We do not expect this demand to slow down any time soon, as more people recognize the potential of crypto assets,” Assia stated.
Mati Greenspan, the analyst at eToro, had analyzed the impressive demand for Bitcoin on eToro a couple of days back.
This chart is sensational…
— Mati Greenspan (@MatiGreenspan) August 20, 2018
With growing BTC interest and so much media coverage, everyone wants to have a piece of cryptocurrency and dropping prices have just aided the retail buying. As more and more people get into the industry the market will definitely swell and will make new highs
Will BTC interest continue to rise and the market cap will reach USD 1 trillion or all this will it fizzles out? Do let us know your views on the same.
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000