The cryptocurrency market turned red again on Monday that saw the majority of the top cryptocurrencies lose in double digits. Bitcoin (BTC) failed to conquer $50K and fell to a daily low of $45,894 and currently consolidating above $47K. Ether (ETH) fell to a daily low of $3,680 before recovering above $3,750. Apart from these all major altcoins be it XRP, Solana (SOL) or Cardano (ADA) all traded in the red.
Market pundits have warned of a possible incoming slump with the release of the new United States Consumer Price Index (CPI) that hit a four-decade high. However, many blame the new class-action lawsuit filed against controversial stablecoin issuer Tether in New York on Monday.
The class-action lawsuit was filed in a Southern District of New York and the plaintiff alleged fraud in the Tether and its subsidiaries iFinex, Bitfinex. This won’t be the first class-action lawsuit of its kind against the stablecoin issuer, as it has faced two similar lawsuits in the past.
Tether has often been accused of mismanagement of its funds and lying about its USDT reserves. Being a stablecoin issuer, every circulation supply of USDT must be backed by an equivalent stable asset, preferably the US Dollar. However, Tether has been found using an array of assets including Bitcoin to back its reserves in the past.
Another reason for the fear in the crypto market is being attributed to the upcoming meetings by the fed this Wednesday added with the inflation data played a part.
Bitfinex laying down bids
Retail selling into the lows ahead of FOMC Meeting with funding negative across the board
— Zen (@Zen_Trades1) December 14, 2021
Can Crypto Market Bounce Back?
After a phenomenal October, crypto traders were hopeful of a bullish last quarter, but November and December are proving to be bearish again. However, crypto analysts are still not deterred and belive the bull run will continue into 2022 and any crypto crash up to 20% sell-off is not a cause of worry.
When Bitcoin lost more than 50% of its valuation from the top on a couple of occasions in May and June, the market sentiments were at their lowest. Having recovered from that, Bitcoin enthusiasts belive these market sell-offs are just shake-offs from the overleveraged market.
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?