DOGE price rallied shortly after Shiba Inu overtook Dogecoin to become the eighth-largest cryptocurrency by market value. Dogecoin rallies even as other dog coins break into a rally. The 200-day SMA at $0.2836 is crucial for DOGE to continue the rally.
Dogecoin (DOGE) rallied by approximately 46% bouncing off the 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) around $0.2389 to hit an intra-day high above $0.35 for DOGE price on Thursday.
Analysts have noted a significant shift of capital from top-ranked cryptocurrencies by market value to dog coins as the market gets steamed up. DOGE has recorded a 27% rally over the last 24 hours as SHIB rallied approximately 40% over the same period (190% in seven days).
The Less popular dog-themed coins FLOKI and SAMO skyrocketed by triple digits of 125% and 113% within the day.
This amid a season of Dog-themed cryptocurrencies rallies as proponents debate whether this marks the end of the recent Bitcoin bull run.
Pseudonymous crypto analyst and investor @LilMoonLambo told his over 137,000 followers on Twitter that the BTC top is in for the year 2021.
DOGE Price Trades Above $0.3
Dogecoin price soared on October 28 as the DOGE Army reacted to SHIB’s overtake of the DOGE coin to claim the number 8 position in terms of market cap ranking, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
The sudden rally has pushed Dogecoin’s market value to $39,764,327,863, a mark the Shiba Inu earlier surpassed, with the two ‘meme-coins’ now battling on who will come out at the top.
At the time of writing, DOGE price hovers at $0.3015, rising after yesterday’s correction and faces resistance from immediate resistance above the $0.30 supply zone (the red band).
A closure above this point could see DOGE continue the rally to rise above the red band at $0.31 to tag the August 16 range high above $0.3572.
The sharp rising Relative Strength Index (RSI) towards the overbought zone and the position of the MACD above the zero line validate this bullish narrative.
DOGE/USD Daily Chart
On the flipside, if DOGE bulls are unable to sustain the current momentum, Dogecoin price may slip below the 200-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) at $0.2836. If this happens, DOGE price may drop further to seek support at the 100-day SMA at $0.2475 or the 50-day SMA at $0.2354.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery