With new developments at Twitter, there’s a twist in the tale! Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal recently tweeted that Elon Musk has decided not to join the company’s board. The U-turn comes after Agrawal himself announced the appointment of Musk to Twitter’s board last week.
In his recent email to the Twitter team, Agrawal writes that he had many discussions with the board and even directly with Elon Musk. After Twitter appointed Elon to the board contingent last Tuesday, the tech billionaire shared the same morning that “he will no longer be joining the board”. Agrawal further writes:
“I believe this is for the best. We have and will always value input from our shareholders whether they are on our board or not. Elon is our biggest shareholder and we will remain open to his inputs”.
Elon has decided not to join our board. I sent a brief note to the company, sharing with you all here. pic.twitter.com/lfrXACavvk
— Parag Agrawal (@paraga) April 11, 2022
Earlier this month, tech billionaire Elon Musk announced grabbing a 9.2% stake in Twitter becoming the largest individual shareholder of the company. The announcement came after Musk conducted a Twitter poll asking his followers whether the platform adheres to the principles of “Free speech”.
A staggering 70% of respondents voted negative. Probably, Musk thought that being a key shareholder of Twitter will help him suggest key changes to the board.
Elon Musk’s interesting proposal
On Saturday, April 9, Elon Musk shared his idea of introducing a monthly paid subscription to the Twitter Blue services and thus verifying users accordingly. This could be a minimal amount as low as $3 per month.
This suggestion was to tackle the out-of-control bot army and the impersonators who have been misleading Twitter users for quite a while. Besides, he also suggested Twitter could be accepting payments in Dogecoin (DOGE).
But with the latest news, Dogecoin fans might have to hold their excitement for longer. However, as Agrawal said, Twitter could be considering Musk’s suggestion going ahead, and we might eventually see DOGE payments on Twitter in the future.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?