Bitcoin price took a 5% plunge falling from a daily high of $48,234 to a daily low of $45,394 leading to hundreds of millions in liquidation. The price decline for the top cryptocurrency came in as buying opportunity for El Salvador, the first country to make BTC a legal tender. President Nayib Bukele took to Twitter to announce that they have bought an additional 150 BTC worth $6.8 million.
We just bought the dip.
150 new coins!
El Salvador now holds 700 coins.#Bitcoin🇸🇻
— Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻 (@nayibbukele) September 20, 2021
Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon NetworkBitcoin News
El Salvador now holds a total of 700 BTC which they started buying in September second week after Bitcoin was formally inducted as a legal tender. The President also advised that instead of panicking through these dips, people should rather buy more BTC.
El Salvador passed the Bitcoin bill in June this year and made it a legal tender on September 12, however, the BTC adoption hasn’t been seamless in the country. First, the likes of the World Bank and IMF warned the small Central American nation of disastrous impact on their economy because of the BTC adoption and also refused to help the country in the technical integration of BTC as legal tender. Later several rating agencies including Fitch and Moody’s downgraded Salvador’s credit rating.
El Salvador Bitcoin Wallet Chivo Cross Half a Million Downloads
Despite the outrages against Bitcoin adoption and several protests in the country, many of which turned violent leading to the burning of Bitcoin ATMs, Bukele maintained that the larger section of the society are happy with the decision and they are using BTC for their daily needs. Bukele also highlighted that the total number of downloads on the official Bitcoin wallet app Chivo crossed a half a million mark within two weeks of adoption.
Este consulado móvil no hace trabajo para “el régimen”, ni para “el dictador”, es de lo poco que nuestro país le ofrece a nuestra diáspora.
¿Por qué lo destruyen? ¿Por qué odian tanto a la gente que ustedes mismos expulsaron de nuestro país?pic.twitter.com/NhC1vvCps5
— Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻 (@nayibbukele) September 19, 2021
El Salvador has not only taken a major step towards Bitcoin adoption by countries but also triggered a Domino effect on other financially challenged nations now looking towards Bitcoin for revival. Cuba and Panam could be next in line to do so.
Bitcoin price was trading at $45,705 at the time of writing trying to recover from its daily low. The top cryptocurrency has maintained its position above $45,000 which is considered strong on-chain support despite the dip.
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why