Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter has continued to draw reactions from crypto market participants. Vitalik Buterin, the founder of the Ethereum blockchain, has shared his thoughts on the consequence of the acquisition.
Twitter’s changing ownership could affect morale says Buterin
In a tweet, Buterin opined that the largest outcome of Elon Musk’s ownership of Twitter may not be any specific policy change, but a change in the behavior of users.
Specifically, he predicts that the morale of Elon Musk’s supporters will receive a boost, while his detractors will likely feel alienated on the platform. He also clarified that his opinion does not mean he is not in support of Musk buying Twitter.
“The largest consequence of Elon taking over Twitter may well be not any specific policy decision he makes, but rather the morale effect of his supporters feeling emboldened and his detractors feeling like they are arguing on enemy territory,” he said in the tweet.
Buterin also added that the morale effect is already happening. His observation is not farfetched, especially from recent developments. Earlier this week, Twitter got into a bit of a patch with crypto market participants.
Stani Kulechov, the founder of DeFi platform Aave, was suspended from the platform after tweeting a joke that he had been appointed the interim CEO of Twitter. Crypto market participants rallied around the CEO, calling out the suspension as being too harsh.
Following the opinions that such actions are exactly what is wrong with Twitter and needs to be changed, Kulechov’s account has been reinstated.
Musk’s plan for Twitter raises hope among crypto faithfuls
Elon Musk has stated that his main motivation for buying Twitter is to make the platform the pinnacle of free speech. He recently explained that he is against censorship that goes beyond the law.
By “free speech”, I simply mean that which matches the law. I am against censorship that goes far beyond the law, he said.
He also plans to address other pain points on the platform including spambots and adding an edit button. Meanwhile, the looming takeover has many crypto market participants excited about the implications for the industry.
Supporters of Dogecoin (DOGE), which Elon Musk is a firm proponent of, are anticipating the integration of the memecoin on the platform. The price of DOGE has been showing reactions to key announcements in events around the Twitter buyout.
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Ethereum Shorts Building Up, ETH Exchange Supply Rises
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?