The latest update about the decentralized organization, ConstitutionDAO has unveiled the closure of the platform given its former loss, and current lack of another “unifying mission”. Last week, ConstitutionDAO lost its goal to buy the copy of the US Consitution for which it has raised over $40 million from thousands of investors.
Ultimately, we’ve come to the decision that continuing on without the unifying mission of buying the constitution, setting up more official governance, and embarking on a new chapter is not something that we as a core team are able to support.
— ConstitutionDAO (📜, 📜) (@ConstitutionDAO) November 23, 2021
ConstitutionDAO Does Not Plan on Taking Up More Projects
The group took to Twitter to announce the shutdown, with the reasoning that the team is unwilling to continue without the “unifying mission” of trying to buy the copy of the Constitution, which would involve setting up more official governance and redirecting.
ConstitutionDAO’s core team confirmed the closure, noting that the building and maintaining of an ongoing project requires a proper technical and administrative oversight and that is something the team is unable to pull off yet again, confirming that the platform and project, both have “run its course.” However, they applauded the community’s efforts and asserted that ConstitutionDAO has proved the unity of the decentralized sphere, levying the project as “a landmark event”.
“This was taking into account the technical and administrative requirements of trying to embark on a new chapter properly. Given this, we believe this project has run its course, as we as a community have accomplished what we set out to do…This project was a landmark event. We made history and showed the entire world that a group of internet friends can use the power of web3 to face a seemingly insurmountable goal and achieve incredible results on an impossible timeline”, the group noted in its Twitter thread.
ConstitutionDAO Lost to this Billionaire
ConstitutionDAO lost the bid in the auction on Sotheby’s platform, to a Chicago hedge-fund billionaire and Citadel CEO, Kenneth Griffin. His bid of $43.2 million won him the first-edition copy of the U.S. Constitution last week. While on one hand, ConstitutionDAO said to distribute government tokens to the contributors if they would’ve won, on the other hand, Griffin intends to lend the copy of the US constitution to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Ark. to ensure mass accessibility of this sacred piece of document, where it can be viewed and appreciated by the people.
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000