Crypto whale and founder of the TRON (TRX) blockchain, Justin Sun, has been moving funds between his wallets. According to on-chain data, Sun has now moved $166 million worth of stablecoins from exchanges to his wallet addresses in the past two days.
Is Justin Sun dumping Ether?
Chinese journalist Colin Wu noted today that in the past two days, Justin Sun moved 95 million USDT from Binance, and 10 million USDC, and another 1 million USDT from Huobi.
While Justin Sun has not commented on the reason for the fund withdrawals, Colin Wu speculates that it be from two sources. For one, it could be proceeds from the sale of Ether which he deposited on Binance last week. Wu noted that Sun deposited 166,000 Ether into Binance, worth around $592 million at the time. The second source Wu noted is the liquidity pool of Ellipsis (EPS), a Binance Smart Chain-based exchange liquidity pool. Sun provides over 80% of the total value locked (TVL) in the LP.
It also seems like some of the funds have found their way to the TRON blockchain. On the same day that Wu noted the Ethereum deposit in Binance, Sun announced that he would be transferring 50-100 million USDC from Ethereum to TRON.
To be transparent to our community, we will swap 50-100 million USDC from Ethereum to TRON blockchain in few days. You may see USDC burnt on Etheruem, which means the same amount issued on TRON blockchain.
He recently followed up the announcement by noting that the circulating supply of USDC on the TRON blockchain has surpassed $600 million.
USDC on TRON has surpassed $600 million!, Sun tweeted today.
Could Sun be anticipating an extended bear market?
While Sun has previously started that he remains bullish for the future of crypto, market speculation has emerged that Sun’s move may be guided by his anticipation of an incoming bear market. However, his large transactions have not significantly affected the market of the both cryotocurrencies. The price of both Ether and TRX have been trading downwards recently, but have not shown any cryptocurrencies divergence from their recent bearish trend. On the day, TRX is trading at around $0.06, down 16.1% in the last 7 days.
Recall that Sun also made a massive Ether deposit worth $600 million on the Binance network, which was later revealed to be for the internal deployment of wallets.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?