Changpeng Zhao, Binance CEO tweeted today, how the crypto exchange giant believes in solving problems over engaging in debates or fights. However, none of Binance problems are close to a solution, instead, the arena of trouble has been expanding for Binance.
The number of nations that have issued some form of regulatory warning for Binance has now reached 6. Binance is globally the largest cryptocurrency trade and exchange platform with loyal investors, but 2021’s crypto decline has been a rocky road for Binance, and not the sweet kind. Japan, UK, Canada, Singapore, Cayman Islands, and Thailand; 6 countries have turned their backs on Binance.
Asian Nations Reject Binance
Binance’s regulatory concerns started off with Japan’s Financial Services Agency (FSA). FSA warned the crypto trade & exchange platform of its non-compliance status in the Nation. FSA stated that Binance has been functioning in the country without registration under new guidelines and can potentially be charged with a criminal offense. Binance faced a similar license issue with Japan in 2018, with rumors of warnings from Japan security services. Nevertheless, the news was shut down as petty crypto gossip by Changpeng Zhao.
Few days after Japan’s warning, Binance also withdrew its services from Canada’s Ontario province. Afraid of becoming prey to the global spread of crypto crackdown, Binance took the radical stance of stepping off the throne, instead of losing the war. The unceremonious withdrawal was unsurprising in lieu of multiple claims of imposing strict restrictions on crypto trade and exchange in Canada.
Singapore became the next Asian country to join the Binance ‘block’ chain in 2021. With Binance’s parent company under manifold regulatory investigations, Singapore announced inspection of native Binance Holdings Ltd. activities in the nation.
“We are aware of the actions taken by other regulatory authorities against Binance and will follow up as appropriate,” authorities told Bloomberg.
Thailand joined the anti-Binance club today after a criminal investigation was ordered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against Binance. Binance is getting scrutinized for illegally offering digital trade & exchange services by finding counterparty matches and inviting local Thai investors to get into digital trade & exchange agreements. If the criminal action against the exchange is proven Changpeng Zhao could potentially get imprisoned with over 500,000 baht fine.
Indecisive Binance Crackdown in the UK
Binance was ordered to halt all trade and exchange activities on their platform in Britain. The company could only function tasks through written approval from FCA. However, the strict prohibition was lifted within days after the FCA announcement. Investors could once again use Binance services to make crypto withdrawals and deposits.
Binance vacation at the Cayman Islands come to end
Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) ordered a probe after news of unauthorized Binance headquarters at the location. Nonetheless, Binance declined all accusations and claimed itself as a ‘truly decentralized’ cryptocurrency platform with no physical headquarters. Similar news of Binance’s unlicensed office set up in the Cayman Islands was circulated in 2017, which was later shut down.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?