Cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex on Wednesday announced it will soon delist the LUNA perpetual swaps. The latest move adds Bitfinex to the list of exchanges that have already deslited LUNA swaps. In the last few days, Binance, BitMEX, OKX and FTX were among those exchanges which delisted the cryptocurrency.
The move comes following huge meltdown in the Terra network last week, which resulted in a widespread cryptocurrency market meltdown.
Luna Swap Delisting
The exchange cited the recent high levels of volatility and events affecting the Terra protocol as the reason behind the move. According to a communication from the exchange, the LUNA perpetual swaps would be discontinued starting Friday, May 20.
“We would like to remind our users to cancel any open orders with LUNA perpetual swaps before 20/05/22 (Friday) as we will force-settle any remaining open positions. All remaining open orders will be canceled by the system. The mark price used to settle contracts will be a fair market value of the underlying spot market based on several leading exchanges.”
Terra’s Proposal Voting
Following a new revival plan recommendation by Terra founder Do Kwon, a voting is ongoing over the newly updated proposal. As of writing, close to 90% of the 74.95 million votes registered voted ‘Yes’ for creating a new Terra chain without the algorithmic stablecoin.
The vote, which determines consensus for the revival of Terra, will stay open for 7 days. A minimum of 40% quorum is required out of the 376.72 million for the vote to pass. And a minimum pass threshold of 40% is needed to determine the result.
As of writing, the Terra LUNA coin was trading at $0.0001832 with a 0.40% drop in price in 24 hours, according to CoinMarketCap.
The plan involves renaming the old chain to Luna Classic (LUNC) and new chain as Terra (token Luna – LUNA). The company announced it will complete the essential app developer registration and launch the network on May 27.
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000