Ledger Nano S the cryptocurrency hardware wallet has finally and officially announced the support for Tron (TRX) along with another cryptocurrency ZCoin (XZC) that are available on its desktop version, Ledger Live.
Send & receive your Tron (TRX) & ZCoin (XZC) on the ledger
Today, Ledger has officially announced the support for two new coins, Tron (TRX) and ZCoin (XZC). Both the coins are now available on Ledger Live and you can start sending and receiving the TRX and XZC coins.
Ledger now supports Zcoin and Tron. These 3rd-party apps for the Ledger Nano S are available on Ledger Live. For more details on upcoming cryptos support for your Ledger device, please refer to our roadmap: https://t.co/4PGV5TOz2l
— Ledger (@LedgerHQ) July 18, 2018
Tron (TRX) is the world’s 11th largest coin with a market cap of $2.5 billion while ZCoin (XZC) is a $91 million market cap coin which is at $17.64 on 108th rank.
Though Tron has already been added to Ledger, the official announcement has come today. A few days back, Ledger replied to a user who asked for Tron support, the installation and usage process of Tron on Ledger.
The instruction states,
“Tron (TRX) can be managed from a Ledger Nano S through the use of Tronscan Desktop and the Tron app on your Ledger device. Both are developed and supported by the Tron community.”
It further clarifies the prerequisites viz. the requirement of a Ledger Nano S and latest firmware version along with the latest version of Bitcoin app on the device.
Furthermore, you would need to install the Tron app on your device, setup Tronscan Desktop and then use Ledger Nano S to sign transactions.
The details can be seen here https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006904193-Install-and-use-Tron-TRX-
It all started in mid-June, last month when a Tron supporter asked Ledger when it is going to support Tron. It has finally come to fruition now.
Ledger Nano S is one of the most popular wallets in the cryptocurrency sphere. Recently released Ledger Live is its desktop software which is apparently working on being a user-friendly and reliable version.
Ledger has also shared a link of its Trello dashboard that displays Ledger Roadmap. The “New Bolos apps” section has a list of coins like Monero (XMR) and Cardano (ADA) among many others so we might soon see them added as well.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?