Ledger Nano S the cryptocurrency hardware wallet has finally and officially announced the support for Tron (TRX) along with another cryptocurrency ZCoin (XZC) that are available on its desktop version, Ledger Live.
Send & receive your Tron (TRX) & ZCoin (XZC) on the ledger
Today, Ledger has officially announced the support for two new coins, Tron (TRX) and ZCoin (XZC). Both the coins are now available on Ledger Live and you can start sending and receiving the TRX and XZC coins.
Ledger now supports Zcoin and Tron. These 3rd-party apps for the Ledger Nano S are available on Ledger Live. For more details on upcoming cryptos support for your Ledger device, please refer to our roadmap: https://t.co/4PGV5TOz2l
— Ledger (@LedgerHQ) July 18, 2018
Tron (TRX) is the world’s 11th largest coin with a market cap of $2.5 billion while ZCoin (XZC) is a $91 million market cap coin which is at $17.64 on 108th rank.
Though Tron has already been added to Ledger, the official announcement has come today. A few days back, Ledger replied to a user who asked for Tron support, the installation and usage process of Tron on Ledger.
The instruction states,
“Tron (TRX) can be managed from a Ledger Nano S through the use of Tronscan Desktop and the Tron app on your Ledger device. Both are developed and supported by the Tron community.”
It further clarifies the prerequisites viz. the requirement of a Ledger Nano S and latest firmware version along with the latest version of Bitcoin app on the device.
Furthermore, you would need to install the Tron app on your device, setup Tronscan Desktop and then use Ledger Nano S to sign transactions.
The details can be seen here https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006904193-Install-and-use-Tron-TRX-
It all started in mid-June, last month when a Tron supporter asked Ledger when it is going to support Tron. It has finally come to fruition now.
Ledger Nano S is one of the most popular wallets in the cryptocurrency sphere. Recently released Ledger Live is its desktop software which is apparently working on being a user-friendly and reliable version.
Ledger has also shared a link of its Trello dashboard that displays Ledger Roadmap. The “New Bolos apps” section has a list of coins like Monero (XMR) and Cardano (ADA) among many others so we might soon see them added as well.
- XRP Lawsuit: Here’s Why Experts Think Ripple Could Win the Case Against SEC
- Does Ethereum (ETH) Risk Becoming a Security After Transition to PoS ETH 2.0?
- Breaking: Coinbase Tops the List of Fastest-Growing Finance Apps
- Cardano’s Smart Contract Count Breaches 2,200, Hoskinson Says Defi “up for grabs”
- Just-in: PayPal Starts Bitcoin and Other Crypto Trading Services in UK
- Dopamine App Brings Vast Crypto Tracking Under One Roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know
- After Coinbase This Crypto Lender is Facing Regulatory Scrutiny in 3 US States
- Tomi Heroes NFT Sales Volume Just Exploded Past $1.35m, with Massive ROI Potential For TOMI Sale
- Fantasy Sports And NFT Gaming Platform, DeFi 11 Announces Public Launch