Bitcoin (BTC) price falls for the second straight day with modest losses. Investors are in a state of flux while trading in a short-term trading range of $42k and $45k. Technical indicators are in a neutral stance as the recent upside in prices paused.
- Bitcoin (BTC) price continues to slide lower on Thursday.
- Expect further downside if the price breaks below the $42k level.
- Investors must defend $40k to sustain the short-term uptrend.
As per the latest report, Bitcoin miners are selling off coins due to a cash crunch and need a boost since BTC price has devalued since November. The deprecation in the coin’s value and increased competition prompted Bitcoin miners to offload the stake.
Bitcoin price defends critical 50-day SMA
On the daily chart, Bitcoin’s (BTC) price has been moving inside the ‘rising wedge’ pattern the range extends from $34k to $45k as it surged 21% from January’s single-day movement. After creating a swing top, BTC/USD has retraced to the reliable support zone.
An acceptance near the 50-day moving average provides the perfect spot for the reverse retracement that could push the asset back to the upper trend trajectory. A sustained buying near the current levels would produce a green candle on the daily chart that would be a sign of the continuation of the ascent from the January lows.
The first upside immediate target could be found at the recent top of $45,855. Next, market participants can expect a jump toward the 200-day SMA at $49,445.64.
On the other hand, a shift in the bullish sentiment could result in the breaking of the crucial support zone of $41,700. A decisive break of $40k shall invalidate the bullish thesis.
RSI: The Daily Relative Strength Index (RSI) has pierced below the average line with a bearish bias.
MACD: The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) remains neutral above the midline.
- Terra 2.0 Coming With A New “Rebirth” On May 27 But This Time Without UST Stablecoin
- JPMorgan Says “Fair Value” of Bitcoin is $38,000, Prefers Crypto Over Real Estate
- Just In: Bitcoin Maximalist Jack Dorsey Left Twitter Board, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Portugal Takes U-Turn On Crypto Taxation
- Ethereum L2 Protocol StarkWare Raises $100 Million At $8 Billion Valuation
- Just In: Polygon Launches Huge Fund For Terra Migration, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Andreessen Horowitz Launches $4.5 Billion Crypto Fund Amid Market Crash
- Why Banning Crypto Mining Is Almost Impossible?
- Will S. Korean Exchanges Relist LUNA? Rumors Claim Terra Founder Reaching Out To Exchanges
- Breaking: Binance “Working Closely” With Terra On Recovery Plan
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline