The early February gain in GALA price was backed by $5 Billion investment plans announced by the organization to bolster its Non-Fungible token offering by buying intellectual property rights and building a theme park. However, the recent sell-off in the crypto market has nearly nullified these gains over a fortnight. Moreover, a retest of the $0.2.15 support raises the threat of a downtrend continuation.
Key technical points:
- The GALA price registered 44% fall in the last two weeks
- The intraday trading volume in the GALA is $1.2 Billion, indicating a 2.86% loss.
In February’s first week, the GALA buyers finally broke the consolidation phase having $0.177 as base support. The altcoin registered a 135% gain to the Feb 19th high($0.396). After two failed attempts to surpass the $0.4 mark, the coin price tumbled to local support of $0.275.
A bearish breakout from a double bottom pattern intensified the selling pressure and implied further correction to a prior resistance of $0.215.
The 50-and-100-day EMAs curving down suggests the bears are wresting control from bulls. Moreover, the MACD indicators show the fast and slow lines are poised to nosedive below the midline, offering additional confirmation for short-sellers.
GALA/USDT: 4-hour time frame chart
On February 22nd, the GALA buyers tried to bounded back from the $0.215 mark, indicating the resistance has flipped to support. However, a bearish engulfing candle on the next day, pulled the altcoin back to the bottom support, threatening further downfall to January’s low($0.177).
A breakdown and closing below $0.215 support would sink the altcoin by 18%, resisting the $0.177 level. Further extension of losses would hint at a downtrend resumption.
On a contrary note, if buyers managed to rebound from $0.177 support, it would indicate the traders are buying this dip and would reattempt to rechallenge the swing high resistance($0.4).
- Resistance level- 50-day SMA, $0.285
- Support level-$0.215, $0.17
- Just-In: Andreessen Horowitz Launches $4.5 Billion Crypto Fund Amid Market Crash
- Why Banning Crypto Mining Is Almost Impossible?
- Will S. Korean Exchanges Relist LUNA? Rumors Claim Terra Founder Reaching Out To Exchanges
- Breaking: Binance “Working Closely” With Terra On Recovery Plan
- Breaking: Terra 2.0 Plan Officially Approved, Testnet Goes Live
- Do Kwon’s Terra 2.0 Plan Rejected By S.Korean Crypto Exchanges
- Just-In: Avalanche Asks ApeCoin To Ditch Ethereum For Otherside Launch
- Tron (TRX) Overtakes Shiba Inu In Value On This Key Reason
- Voting On New Terra Chain To End Soon, Where Does The Tally Stand?
- Ethereum Gas Fee Drops To the Lowest Since July 2021, ETH In Accumulation Phase
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?