On the last day of January, the Bitcoin (BTC) price is still struggling to come out of the bear’s grip. After testing the lows near $32,933.31 on January 24, the price test the recent highs as investors want to participate in some bottom-buying opportunities.
- Bitcoin (BTC) trades in a familiar range on the last day of the month.
- In January BTC depreciates almost 31% in value.
- Investors ready to test 200-EMA near $42k.
The US futures are poised for lower opening indicating a bumpy road for the riskier digital currency recovery. At the press-time, BTC/USD is trading at $37,220, down 1.80% for the day. The 24-hour trading volume stands at $16, 372,465,324 with the live market cap of $704,989,784,572 as per the CoinmarketCap.
Bitcoin awaits Symmetrical Triangle breakout
On the 4-hour chart, BTC/USD has fallen 23% after making highs at $43,511.99. This also coincides with the breach of the 20 DMA on the same day. The bulls recovered on January 24 testing the lows of $32,933.33.
The formation of a “Symmetrical triangle” formation marks a state of indecision among investors. The Bitcoin (BTC) price has been facing selling pressure near the upper trend line of the triangle. However, BTC is in the consolidation phase Wednesday swinging in between the range of $38k and $36k.
The momentum oscillator, the daily relative strength index (RSI) trades at 46 indicating BTC bears are still enjoying the limelight. Furthermore, the price slipped below the 20 DMA making a setup for a bearish breakdown.
A decisive break below today’s session will result in the testing of the $34k horizontal support level. Furthermore, the price could dive toward $30k, the levels last visible in July.
On the flip side, a break above the highs made on January 29 could see the immediate resistance at the psychological $40k mark.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?