Auto manufacturer Mercedes has called for the services of about 5 artists from the NFT industry, even as the brand looks to create a Mercedes-Benz NFT collection that would be based on the G-class vehicle line. The announcement was made via a tweet by the official handle of the luxury automaker.
Mercedes To Create Its Own NFT Collection
According to Mercedes, each of the five artists has been saddled with the task of creating unique designs inspired by the G-Class vehicle line. However, owing to the fact that these artists come from different areas of art, it is expected that they would interpret the G-class differently.
Interestingly, the carmaker chose artists from areas including fashion, architecture, music, real estate, and even graphic design. As it turns out, artists selected by Mercedes include Roger Kilimanjaro, Anthony Authie, Charlotte Taylor, German-based Antoni Tudisco, and Baugasm.
Meanwhile, Mercedes alongside Nifty Gateway will launch the NFTs on January 23.
NFTs Making Its Way Into Every Major Brand?
It is important to note that Mercedes is not the first major brand to delve into the world of NFTs. In fact, it may well seem like so far, every single industry has caught the ‘craze’ of these digital arts.
Recall June 2021, when McLaren revealed its plans of using NFTs to create unique and rare versions of its legendary F1 automobiles. Barely a month after that, Coca-Cola also launched a unique NFT initiative in order to raise money for Special Olympics International.
Now, while this is Mercedes’ first foray into NFTs, this is not the first time the automaker is getting involved with blockchain technology. The luxury carmaker had partnered with blockchain startup Circulor at a time. This was in its bid to test and make certain that throughout the supply chain, all cobalt emissions are tracked.
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?