The craze around virtual reality-based metaverse has started to make headlines in the mainstream, especially after Facebook’s recent rebranding to meta. Now, the crypto market’s leading metaverse project Decentraland (MANA) has announced a new partnership with NBA champion Stephen Curry and his main sponsor Under Armour.
Something GOOD is coming 👀
— Decentraland (@decentraland) December 18, 2021
The official Twitter handle of Decentraland announced the new partnership and also hinted at a possible launch of a new product on the 21st of December. This would also mark the second major crypto deal for Stephen Curry who also holds a stake in popular crypto exchange FTX currently valued at $25 billion.
Curry who recently broke the NBA record for highest three-pointers is an avid investor and has also shown interest in the NFT mania. Stephen Curry has changed his Twitter display image to his latest NFT purchase. Earlier in August this year, NBA superstar, Curry bought Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) NFT artwork, for 55 ETH worth approximately $180,000 at the time.
Decentraland on the other hand is one of the most popular Metaverse projects that offer virtual land in its play2earn NFT game. Earlier this month, the crypto metaverse projects created a headline for the sale of its virtual land for a record $2.4 million. The price paid for the virtual land is higher than some of the most exclusive real estate in New York.
Decentraland eyes recovery
The price of the native token of Decentraland (MANA) has registered a significant uptick earlier this morning post its recent partnership announcement. MANA was trading at $3.41 at the time of writing with a 10% increase over the past 24-hours. The altcoin rose from a daily low of $2.97 to register a daily high of $3.50.
The metaverse tokens including MANA and SAND registered their biggest spike in November where both the token rose by 5X and 7X respectively to their new all-time highs. The market surge for metaverse tokens came in the wake of rising popularity and Facebook rebranding and it defied the bearish trend of November to trade higher. Amid the current market downturn, the metaverse tokens are also consolidating with the rest of the market.
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?