Just as the broader cryptocurrency market tanks under the $1 trillion mark, the non-fungible tokens (NFT) market also takes a big hit. As per the Bloomberg report, the NFT Index, tracking the performance of NFTs and weighted by each NFT’s circulating supply, corrected by 23% on Monday.
Even the celebrity-favored Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) saw prices of its NFTs crashing by 25% on the Monday market crash. This is a huge drop considering that several of the BAYC NFTs traded for millions of dollars each over the last few months.
The global macro setup has been one of the key drivers behind this market crash. Last week, the U.S. CPI inflation data topped 8.6%. To control this, analysts are expecting that the U.S. Federal Reserve will soon announce a 75 basis points surge in interest rate. This could have an overall negative impact on the U.S. economy with chances of slipping into recession.
Just like the broader crypto market, the NFT market is also facing a major crunch this week. However, the NFT market still remains a bright spot in comparison to the overall crypto market. Tops NFT projects have seen substantial demand this year in 2022 despite the broader market correction. As per the Bloomberg report:
Investors have built substantial portfolios of NFTs in the past six months despite their low liquidity compared to fungible tokens like Bitcoin and Ether.
Beware of Hackers, Bored Ape NFT Holders
Gordon Goner, the pseudonymous co-founder of Bored Ape’s parent firm Yuga Labs, has issued a warning of a possible exploit of their social media accounts, especially Twitter. Last Sunday, June 12, Goner tweeted:
“We’ve received credible information that there may soon be an attack on our social media accounts, using an inside source at @Twitter to bypass our security. We’ve been in contact with Twitter and they confirmed that they have an active monitor on the accounts and security has been escalated. We’re feeling more secure, but please stay safe everyone. And remember there will be no surprise mints”.
Earlier this month, attackers managed to breach Yuga Labs’ BAYC and OtherSide Discord groups. Here, they managed to steal more than 145 ETH from users.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?