Having a blockchain network is no longer enough in today’s busy crypto industry. An automated market maker or decentralized exchange is a must and the latest to launch will be Polkastarter from Polkadot.
Polkastarter is a DEX built for cross-chain token pools and auctions, with the purpose of enabling projects to raise capital on the Ethereum rivaling Polkadot network.
Polkastarter was announced in September when the project listed its native POLS token on Uniswap. The platform has now officially announced a launch date of December 15, adding that the first projects to conduct their token sales are already in the pipeline but giving away no details.
We are incredibly proud to officially announce the launch date of the @Polkastarter platform ????
Thanks to our community and everyone supporting the project from day 1, we are truly humbled ????????
First projects to conduct their token sales already in the pipeline, stay tuned! pic.twitter.com/42jeP89M44
— Polkastarter (@polkastarter) December 9, 2020
Another DeFi DEX
Polkastarter is entering an already crowded DeFi space where decentralized exchanges and automated market makers appear to be popping up on a daily basis. It does claim to offer a few differences, however, such as cross-chain pools, support for any asset, POLS governance model, fixed swap pools, and a safe listed pool.
Polkastarter’s list of partners is growing and currently includes the Moonbeam Network which works with the Solidity programming language, secure data transfer platform Shyft Network, API service provider Covalent, automated liquidity provider Orion Protocol, and open-source oracle platform Decentralized Information Asset (DIA).
It has taken aim squarely at the Ethereum standard stating;
“Users will be able to participate in a secure and compliant environment and to use assets that go way beyond the current ERC20 standard.”
Polkastarter is not the first ‘Ethereum killer’ to be born out of the DeFi furnace this year. Centralized exchange Binance launched its own Smart Chain and has plugged a number of DeFi clone farms running on it in recent months.
The Chinese version of Ethereum, NEO, also launched Flamingo Finance on its own chain, all in an attempt to usurp Ethereum and the ERC-20 standard which is currently the foundation for all things DeFi.
DOT and POLS Price Update
POLS token prices reacted strongly to the DEX launch confirmation with a 40% spike on the day to top out at $0.48 before retreating to current levels around $0.41.
Over the past week, the asset has gained an impressive 27% but it is still 40% down from its all-time high of $0.68 in early October.
Polkadot’s DOT token is falling fast in line with the general crypto market correction. DOT is flat on the day at $4.78 but down 13% on the week. Its ATH came in early September when prices topped $6.30 – they have yet to return to those levels.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?