US Stocks Set To Collapse — Jeremy Grantham
About a year ago, Grantham had predicted a historical kind of collapse in the US stocks market, and now he believes that the collapse might have already begun. And according to the investor, even if the Fed were to intervene, at least nearly 50% would be seen in the collapse.
Meanwhile, likening the current situation to global crashes of previous times like 1929, the dot-com situation in the year 2000, and most recently, the popular financial crisis of 2008, Grantham assures that the US stocks are already in a “super bubble” just as well. He then expressed confidence that this particular bubble would burst.
His reasons may not be far-fetched, though. By Thursday, the S&P 500 was down 45% from Wednesday’s close — and another 48% from its January 4 peak.
However, speaking in a Bloomberg “Front Row” interview, Grantham surprisingly admitted that he wasn’t very sure about the bubble at the time he was making his prediction last year. He said in part:
“I felt highly likely, but perhaps not nearly certain. Today, I feel it is just about nearly certain.”
Interestingly, Grantham’s analysis is based on many pieces of evidence. Apart from some of the most speculative stocks falling since February 2021, the last indicator of a bubble in its late stage, which was the breaking point, was the “crazy investor behavior” of previous year.
These include the unexpected rise of nameless cryptocurrencies and meme coins and the amount millions that have been crazily spent on non-fungible tokens, or NFTs.
According to Grantham, 83,
“checklist for a super bubble running through its phases is now complete”.
And now, the renowned investor believes is time that the wild collapse begins.
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000