The Terra (LUNA) price jumped more than 40% in the last 24 hours as LUNA holders burnt millions of tokens. However, Terraform Labs’ founder Do Kwon asserts sending LUNA to the burn address is not a good idea and users will actually lose their tokens.
Do Kwon Turns Down LUNA Burn Idea
LUNA price surged more than 100% since Do Kwon shared the burn address on May 21. However, in a recent tweet on May 23, Terra’s founder Do Kwon clarified the confusion among LUNA holders as people rushed to send tokens to the address. He believes people should not send tokens to the address as it will make them lose tokens. Do Kwon tweeted the below address:
Do Kwon states the address was shared after people kept asking him about the burn address. He also said people can continue to send LUNA tokens if they want to, but he is not aware of any benefit of doing it.
“People kept asking for the burn address – happy to provide for information purposes but want to clarify that you should not burn tokens unless you know what you are doing – i for one cannot understand.”
After the statement, the LUNA price corrected by nearly 15%, trading currently at $0.0001881. Meanwhile, UST is also up 30% in the last 24 hours, with the current price trading at $0.07616.
On the other hand, Terra community continues to send LUNA to the address, believing that a joint support will push prices above $1.
Revival Plan to Fork the Terra Chain
The Terraform Labs is moving ahead with forking Terra after 66% voter in favor of the rival plan. Many believes most validators just want the fork, they are uninterested in community opinion. Under the rebirth plan, a new Terra blockchain and LUNA ($LUNA) token will happen. Also, Terra developers have signaled support and commit to build on the fork on public channels.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?