8 October 2019: eToro, the global multi-asset investment company, has announced that Lira, the open-source programming language developed by eToroX Labs, has evolved to write options contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain for the OTC derivatives market.
Announced at a workshop at Devcon V, Osaka, on 8th of October 2019, Dr Omri Ross, eToro’s chief blockchain scientist demonstrated Lira 2.0’s new features, including writing options contracts. The Lira programming language recently referred to* as one of the “most imaginative things happening in DeFi today” is one of only two such open source solutions on the market, and is all the more exclusive since it is formally verified.
Responding to the announcement, eToro CEO Yoni Assia commented: “eToro has long held the belief that we will eventually see all tradable financial assets tokenized. Lira, our open source programming language, is a step towards making this a reality, enabling the entire community to write and deploy secure financial contracts on Ethereum. The workshop where this was announced was a central event at Devcon, which is significant in demonstrating how the blockchain community shares our vision for open finance.”
Dr. Ross commented: “I am delighted to see the excitement of the community in response to this project. Developers will now be able to use Lira to create new business protocols, with the aim of improving inefficiencies within the traditional financial industry, thereby opening it up yet further.”
Commenting on the launch of Lira version 2.0, Nicolas Arqueros, CTO of Emurgo said: “I believe that Lira is an innovative and important breakthrough in the world of DeFi, with real promise to open up the traditional financial world.”
Yoav Weiss, CTO of Tabookey added: “I am certain that over the next couple of years, we will see many people using Lira and helping it develop, to achieve real progress in financial business efficiency, and realize the goals to open up finance.”
Lira is secure, easily programmable and allows contracts between assets on the Ethereum Blockchain to settle instantly, enables automated programmable trades and monitoring, and reduces transaction costs and the need for middle parties.
* Lex Sokolin, Global Fintech Co-Head, ConsenSys
eToroX is a subsidiary of the eToro Group. The business was formed in 2018 to provide the infrastructure to support eToro Group’s commitment to facilitating the evolution of tokenized assets. It provides eToro’s newly launched wallet and runs the exchange.
The distributed ledger technology (DLT) provider licence was granted by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission to eToroX in December 2018 (licence number FSC1333B). eToroX is incorporated in Gibraltar with company number 116348 and its registered office is at 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
eToro was founded in 2007 with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. The eToro Group consists of the eToro platform, our multi-asset trading and investment venue, and eToroX, which manages our crypto wallet and exchange.
The eToro platform enables people to invest in the assets they want, from stocks and commodities to cryptoassets. We are a global community of more than ten million registered users who share their investment strategies, and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real-time, and transact whenever they want.
As technology has evolved, so has our business. In 2018, we created eToroX, our tokenized asset subsidiary. eToroX provides the infrastructure, in the form of a crypto wallet and the forthcoming exchange, that supports our commitment to facilitating the evolution of tokenized assets. We believe that leveraging blockchain technology will enable us to become the first truly global service provider allowing everyone to trade, invest and save.
eToro is regulated in Europe by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK and by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission in Australia.
eToroX is incorporated in Gibraltar with company number 116348 and its registered office is at 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar. It’s distributed ledger technology (DLT) provider licence was granted by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission in December 2018 (licence number FSC1333B).
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why