The Ethereum network is slated for its biggest upgrade in 2022 as it moves from a Proof-of-Work (PoW) mining consensus towards Proof-of-Stake (PoS) one. The official page for Ethereum 2.0 suggests the imminent move to PoS could take place by the second quarter of 2022. However, due to continuous delays since the beginning of the project, rumors started to circulate in the Chinese social media that ETH 2.0 upgrade might get delayed by another year.
Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of the Ethereum network took to WeChat, a popular Chinese social media platform to clear the speculations. A popular Wechat group for Ethereum shared a screenshot of the article which hints at a possible year-long delay. Buterin responded in the group and said, “I didn’t say that”
The preparation for the Eth2.0 mainnet launch has begun as the developers behind the project launched the testnet in December for a mass trial. The Kintsugi testnet went live on 21st December which is being seen as the last major step before the migration to ETH 2.0.
Over the past few months, client teams have been working tirelessly to implement a new set of merge milestones. They are now live on a new testnet: Kintsugi 🍵!
Here's how you can join the testnet and help with testing: https://t.co/ARDezguzXE 👀
Christmas came early🎄!
— Tim Beiko | timbeiko.eth 🍵 (@TimBeiko) December 20, 2021
Vitalik Buterin assures a timely launch
The ETH 2.0 is a massive project to make Ethereum scalable and as fast as many centralized payment processors such as VISA and Mastercard. The speculations about the delay in ETH 2.0 launch come from the history of delays in ETH 2.0. The first major step i.e launch of the Beacon chain went through a similar cycle. For the launch of the Beacon chain, a certain number of ETH was required to be staked, and just before a week from the official launch, the amount of staked ETH was far from the target. However, Buterin himself staked millions to fulfill the target.
Now with Buterin himself clearing the air around the possible delay, the crypto community can breathe a sigh of relief. The ETH 2.0 move is highly anticipated and many expect ETH price to reach new ATHs in the run-up to the major upgrade.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?