Solana (SOL) has grabbed the attention away from Cardano (ADA) as one of the biggest competitors to Ethereum. Amid the staggering growth, the SOL cryptocurrency has emerged as the competitor to Ethereum (ETH) by grabbing a spot in the top five crypto list.
Solana (SOL) had a solid runup recently with the SOL price skyrocketing past $260. However, some of the fundamental factors show that buying Ethereum (ETH) at this point could be more rewarding to investors than buying Solana (SOL).
If we look at the last three months’ chart, the SOL price has closely followed that of ETH. But the former seems to have a much quicker runup.
However, if we look at the “revenue” i.e. the fees paid to protocol and miners/validators, Ethereum seems to beat Solana by a great margin. The cumulative revenue of Ethereum since that of inception is $8.8 billion while that of Solana is $16.4 million which is like 500 times different. However, it might not be fair to compare it considering that Ethereum is much older.
But if we also take a look at the weekly chart, Ethereum has $471 million in revenue while Solana has $1.6 million. Clearly, Ethereum is the winner by a huge margin.
Solana Seems Pricier on Marketcap/Revenue Multiples
Thus, on a multiples basis of market cap/revenue, SOL seems to be more expensive than Ethereum to buy at this stage. Solana (SOL) is currently trading at 1500x multiples while Ethereum (ETH) is trading around 25x multiples.
“The implies that SOL has significantly more rosy expectations embedded into the price, relative to where it currently is in terms of usage,” writes analyst Jefferey Zheng.
One area of concern is that Solana is quickly gaining traction with developer activity which has been on a decline for Ethereum. The high gas fee on Ethereum has served as a deterrent for new developers who are preferring Solana over Ethereum.
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?