One of the world’s biggest tech and e-commerce conglomerates Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) is now looking to delve into the crypto space. In its recent job posting, Amazon is looking to hire a Product Lead executive for Digital Currency and Blockchain.
The job role for this profile will be to “innovate on behalf of customers within the payments and financial system”. Besides, the hired person will be responsible to curate “Amazon’s Digital Currency and Blockchain strategy and product roadmap”. The job listing notes:
“You will leverage your domain expertise in Blockchain, Distributed Ledger, Central Bank Digital Currencies and Cryptocurrency to develop the case for the capabilities which should be developed, drive overall vision and product strategy, and gain leadership buy-in and investment for new capabilities”.
Amazon is already working on developments taking place in the blockchain space. Its cloud computing business Amazon Web Services (AWS) has a dedicated service called “managed blockchain”.
Inspired by Innovation in Crypto
Amazon has yet to test waters with the developments in crypto. However, speaking to CNBC, an Amazon spokesperson said:
“We’re inspired by the innovation happening in the cryptocurrency space and are exploring what this could look like on Amazon. We believe the future will be built on new technologies that enable modern, fast, and inexpensive payments, and hope to bring that future to Amazon customers as soon as possible.”
Global tech conglomerates delving into the digital currency world is not anymore surprising. Automobile giant Tesla already holds a huge quantity of Bitcoin on its balance sheet. Musk recently said that Tesla is re-considering the option to integrate Bitcoin payments at the B-word conference earlier this week.
On the other hand, tech giant Apple is also hiring business developers having experience with digital currencies. The growing demand for digital assets among retail and institutional players is forcing tech giants to work in this direction.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%