Ray Dalio, billionaire hedge fund manager during his interview at Consensus revealed that he holds Bitcoin on his portfolio. During his conversation, Dalio revealed that he would prefer Bitcoin over bond in an inflationary scenario. He said,
“Personally, I’d rather have bitcoin than a bond” and added, “I hold some Bitcoin”
Dalio changed his stance on the top cryptocurrency like many others towards the end of December last year and since then has been quite bullish about it. Earlier the billionaire had criticized Bitcoin for its volatility and claimed its high price fluctuation would not make it suitable either as a form of payment or store of value.
— CoinDesk (@CoinDesk) May 24, 2021
Dalio even during his criticism days was open to suggestions and has said earlier that he is ready to listen to the other side and understand why they think that he is wrong in his assessment. However, now seems he has put a lot of thought behind Bitcoin and has studied its socio-economic impact. During the interview, he added that central banks would never hold Bitcoin. He concluded.
“I think bitcoin’s greatest risk is its success.”
Bitcoin is Increasingly Becoming Choice of Hedge Funds
The 2017 bull run was mostly carried by retail investors while Wall Street Hedge Fund giants watched from the sideline claiming its volatility is too risky to use as a portfolio diversification tool. However, the current bull run seems to have changed that stance quite quickly as banking giants such as JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs along with several Hedge Funds are offering Bitcoin-based investment vehicles for their clients.
Millennium Management, a $48 Billion Hedge Fund invested in Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC), a popular Bitcoin investment vehicle for US institutions until the approval of the first Bitcoin ETF. Even during the recent turmoil in the crypto market, Chainalysis data indicate hedge funds bought the dip with over 30,000 Bitcoin purchases.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?