Binance the world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume burnt another batch of its native token BNB under its 16th quarterly burn event. The crypto exchange burnt 1,296,728 BNB worth $393 million. The 16th quarterly burn event saw a decline of 33% in the value of the tokens being burnt from the last quarter.
The last quarterly burn came in April that saw the exchange burn BNB tokens worth more than $600 million, even though the volume or number of tokens being burnt was less, the high price of the BNB token made the burn value significantly high. At the time of the 15th quarterly BNB burn, the price of the native Binance token was trading at $540. Many believe the one-third decline in value could be because of the declining profits.
The 16th quarterly burn event also unlocked 16 million additional BNB that were allocated to the teams at the start and are now being moved to their addresses. The official notice also mentioned that none of these newly unlocked BNB were ever sold.
As per white paper, the remaining locked team BNB are now unlocked and have been moved to the team address. The Binance team has never used or sold a single BNB from the team allocation so far, other than burning.
BNB Burn Fails to Move Token Price
The quarterly burn event by Binance has historically proven to be bullish for the native Binance Coin due to the deflationary nature, however, the recent event failed to ignite any bullish momentum for the BNB as it continued trading in the price range of $300-$305.
The fourth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap is down 56% from its May ATH of $690 and currently trying to hold its position above $300. BNB is one of the biggest gainers this bull season, rising from being a utility token on Binance to become the fourth-largest cryptocurrency.
BNB started the year just under $40 and started to rise towards the end of February and saw a massive upswing in March when Ethereum’s gas fee problem was at its peak. The price saw a major correction in May right after touching an ATH, and since then it has traded around $300.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?