Bitcoin (BTC) and the broader crypto market have corrected 5% as investors decide to turn risk-averse preparing for the biggest Fed rate hike. Earlier today, Bitcoin fell to a low of $42,700 before recovering back marginally.
This is for the first time since March 24, 2022, that the BTC price has dropped under $43,000. In the last two days, the world’s largest crypto has corrected by more than 10%.
Altcoins have witnessed a similar drop with the top ten altcoins connecting anywhere between 4-10%. The Bloomberg report states that comes that the selling pressure in crypto comes amid a broader sell-off in equity markets. Earlier today, Japan’s Nikkei index was down by more than 1.5%.
Furthermore, Bloomberg adds that the correlation between Bitcoin and the U.S. equities has climbed over the last three months.
Over the last few weeks, Bitcoin has been showing strength along with the broader crypto market. Last week, the world’s largest crypto surged to $48,000 before reversing its trajectory. Even with today’s correction, Bitcoin (BTC) is still trading 18% up on the monthly chart.
When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Take Off Again?
For now, Bitcoin can take short-term support at $42,500 levels. Crypto billionaire Mike Novogratz believes that Bitcoin (BTC) can start taking off once again once the Fed takes a pause. Well, Fed doesn’t;t seem to be stopping anytime soon as it has hinted at a minimum of 4 rate hikes.
Novogratz predicts that the Federal Reserve will remain hawkish for a while amid the surging inflation and could raise the interest rate by 50 basis points on an immediate basis. But he adds that as the Fed steps back, “Bitcoin goes to the moon”.
Novogratz’s comments came while speaking at the ongoing “Bitcoin 2022” conference in Miami. On the other hand, Bitcoin’s on-chain metrics continue to show strength. There’s a huge surge in the number of Bitcoins moving off the exchanges.
#Bitcoin 's illiquid supply has been increasing for the past 214 days. Surpassing the 2020 accumulation.#BTC selling pressure is fading. See for yourself
— 𝗡𝗲𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗰 (@Negentropic_) April 6, 2022
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?