After a weak start to this week, Bitcoin (BTC) has bounced back from its crucial support levels of $40,000. As of press time, Bitcoin is trading 0.54% up at a price of $42,192 with a market cap of 797 billion.
Bitcoin has been just replicating its previous performances over this time. Popular crypto analyst Lark Davis writes:
Bitcoin peaked out at -42.5% under the previous high yesterday. For reference The mid year 2021 mini bear was -55% at bottom. Nothing out of the ordinary for BTC, although likely terrifying for new investors.
Furthermore, as we at CoinGape reported, the Bitcoin RSI levels were clearly pointing out that we were in oversold territory on the daily chart on Monday. In we look at the historical chart, Bitcoin has found exact support, the last time it was found during September 2021.
There’s further downside support for Bitcoin at around $37.5K levels (red circle). Even Galaxy Digital founder Mike Novogratz had predicted that Bitcoin could test $38,000 as the bottom and this is where institutional players will likely chip in.
One can still hold up the early excitement as we need to reclaim the 50-day and 200-day Moving Average to confirm the uptrend. All eyes will be on the U.S. releasing its inflation data ahead of this week on Wednesday. If the inflation numbers turn out to be higher than expected it could further dampen the prospects of a strong recovery.
Will Altcoins Follow the Trend Reversal?
Although bitcoin rebounds, some altcoins have yet to follow. For e.g. Ethereum (ETH) has yet to rebound and is trading in the red zone at $3117. ETH too has corrected by 40% from its all-time high.
However, some altcoins have been really doing well in this market downtrend. For e.g. Terra’s LUNA rallied by 100% in December all the way to hitting a new all-time high of $100. So has Polygon’s MATIC and now Chainlink (LINK). These three altcoins could be potential performers for this month of January.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?