Bitcoin’s (BTC) string of losses in the past month have put the token on course for its worst weekly run on record.
BTC is now set for its sixth straight week of losses- its worst weekly run yet. A confirmation of this pattern is likely to herald more losses for the world’s largest cryptocurrency.
BTC marked one of its sharpest falls in 2022 this week, as investors feared a drying up of liquidity from rising interest rates and slowing economic growth. The token is down 7.4% in the past seven days, and is trading near 2022 lows, at $35,000.
What do six weeks of losses mean for BTC?
BTC has capitulated sharply from highs hit in March. The token is down 33% from a 2022 high of $47,938.
The confirmation of a six-week losing streak is likely to send an extremely bearish signal to traders, and reduce positioning for a recovery. This could lead to even deeper losses for BTC.
Analysts are now calling a bottom of as low as $28,000- the average realized price for the token. A breach of this level would put most long-term BTC holders in a loss, likely inviting even further selldowns.
Veteran trader Peter Brandt sees the token bottoming out by $32,000– its lowest level since July 2021.
Why are crypto markets in a tailspin?
BTC has hardly been alone in its losses. Total crypto market capitalization has sunk by nearly $400 billion in the past month. Several major altcoins have also logged sharp losses in the past 30 days, with Terra (LUNA) and Avalanche (AVAX) among the worst performers.
Weakness in the crypto market is largely tied to equities, given that both markets enjoyed a rally on easy monetary policy over the past two years.
But this trend is coming to an end with a slew of interest rate hikes across the globe. The Russia-Ukraine war has also caused economic shocks that is keeping investors clear of risk-driven assets.
- G7 Countries to Discuss Crypto Assets This Week After Recent Terra Ecosystem Collapse
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark