After crashing severely in early May and throughout April 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) did show some hope to investors last week by consolidating around $30,000 levels. However, on Wednesday, May 18, the Bitcoin price has once again slipped under $29,000 following a strong correction in the U.S. equity market.
Popular Bitcoin critic Peter Schiff calls this a classic bull trap for investors. In one of his recent Twitter posts, Schiff mentions:
“I must admit that I’m surprised that Bitcoin has held up this well. But don’t get cocky #HODLers. The market never gives investors this much time to buy the bottom. It’s more likely this is a bull trap to lure in as many more buyers as possible before the next major leg down”.
Many analysts have been talking that Bitcoin could serve as an inflation hedge in the long term, however, it doesn’t seem to be true as per Schiff. He explains: “Rising #food and #gasoline prices will put more downward pressure on #Bitcoin prices. That’s because grocers and gas stations won’t trade their food or fuel for Bitcoin. So if Bitcoin #HODLers want to eat and drive soon they’ll be forced to sell their precious sats to afford to!”
More Pain Left In Bitcoin
We can’t deny the fact that Bitcoin has been closely following the Nasdaq 100 index on Wall Street. So if the Nasdaq corrects further, which has a higher probability, Bitcoin could be in for a toss. Crypto analyst Lark Davis explains that Nasdaq has already corrected 28% from the top.
On Tuesday, it tanked under its crucial support of 12,100. Thus, we could be in for more pain ahead on Wall Street as well as for Bitcoin.
Nasdaq 100 $ndx trading in bear market 28% below ATH, fallen through support at 12,100. Next relevant support is 8% lower at 11,000.
— Lark Davis (@TheCryptoLark) May 19, 2022
If the BTC price drops under $28,000, the next support level will be at $22,000. This means that altcoins could be in for more pain ahead.
Robert Kiyosaki, the Rich Dad Poor Dad author says that he continues to believe in Bitcoin or the long term. He tweeted:
I remain bullish on Bitcoin’s future. Waiting for test of new bottom. $20k? $14 k? $11 k? $9 k? Why do I remain bullish? Fed and Treasury are corrupt organizations. They will self-destruct before they regain honesty, integrity and moral compass.
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?