Strategists at Wall Street investment bank JPMorgan feel that Bitcoin is overpriced, and its actual value is much less than its present value. According to JPMorgan Chase strategists led by Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, Bitcoin’s “fair value” must be 12% lower than its current value, and it should be around $38,000.
JP Morgan has based this calculation because BTC is four times more volatile than gold. If the volatility is tapered down to three times, the fair value price would increase to around $50,000, stated the strategists.
JP Morgan predicts long term BTC long term price at 150K
JPMorgan: Our long-term price target for #Bitcoin is $150,000
— Blockworks (@Blockworks_) February 9, 2022
Experts feel that the biggest challenge for BTC from further institutional adoption is its extreme volatility and the boom and bust cycles.
Even more interesting is the revision by JPMorgan of the long-term predictions for BTC. Strategists had earlier predicted the long-term values of BTC as $146,000, but they have upped this to a new forecast of $150,000.
If BTC reaches this level, it will peg it at par with all gold held privately for investment purposes.
The analysts also added that the tanking of values in January could not be equated with the events in May 2021. Last month, Bitcoin prices declined by 22%, from almost $47K to around $36.5K.
It is ironic that despite the bearish climate, Major Wall Street banks are advising investors about investing in crypto-assets and predicting the prices. Yet, when reports last came in, Bitcoin was changing hands for $43,900 with little change over the past 24 hours.
BTC is facing a solid resistance at present price levels, although the prices have surged by 18% over the past week. If BTC can break this resistance level, it can slip past 47K. However, if it fails, it can fall to support at $41.5K.
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?