The world’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) has been showing greater volatility around $40,000 levels. As of press time, the BTC price has corrected 2.85% and is currently trading at $40,546 levels with a market cap of $771 billion.
On-chain data provider Santiment reported whales have been accumulating during the recent price drop under $40,000. It noted:
Bitcoin whale addresses holding 100 to 10k $BTC have collectively accumulated 18,104 more $BTC since the April 10th price drop below $40k. However, their holdings are still down substantially since October. Meanwhile, $USDT buying power looks promising.
Based on the current technical chart levels, crypto analyst Ali Martinez writes: “Bitcoin needs to get back above $40,800 for a chance to rebound to $45,000 or even $50,000. Be aware a decisive daily close below $39,400-$38,500 can invalidate the optimistic outlook and result in a retracement to $35,000 or even $30,000 for $BTC”.
Bitcoin which was trading close to $43,000 earlier on Thursday has lost steam after the commentary from Federal Reserve. The U.S. central bank has been thinking of tighter monetary policy providing a headwind for risk-ON assets like stocks and crypto.
During the next FOMC meeting in May, the Fed has hinted at increasing the interest rates by 50 basis points.
The Movement in the Altcoin Market
Along with Bitcoin, the broader cryptocurrency has come under pressure. The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) is down by 3% but is holding up its crucial support levels of $3,000. On-chain data provider Santiment notes:
Ethereum’s address activity really picked up this week, with Wednesday’s 592k addresses being the highest number of unique interactions in over a month. Meanwhile, social discussion for $ETH has hit its highest levels in over two months.
On the other hand, all other top ten altcoins have corrected anywhere between 3-5%. The altcoin market has seen active trading recently with altcoins like Terra (LUNA) showing swift movements.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?