Crypto Facilities, a fully-owned subsidy of popular crypto exchange Kraken has got the approval of the top financial regulators in the UK. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issued an MLR license which indicates that Crypto Facilities is now compliant with the UK’s anti-money laundering regulations, making it one of the selected few crypto companies to have got FCA’s clearance.
The clearance comes as a huge relief for the Kraken exchange in particular as it would allow the firm to offer crypto derivatives services in the country via its subsidiary. The FCA has tightened its grip around unregulated crypto derivative products forcing many mainstream crypto exchanges to withdraw derivative services. Now, Kraken would be among the very few crypto platforms to offer the derivatives services giving it a necessary market push.
Crypto Facilities CEO Gary Worrall said,
“It paves the way for us to enhance and expand our offering, ensuring clients have access to the various exposures that best fit their investment needs,”
Apart from Kraken-owned Crypto Facilities, Mode Global Holdings, two Gemini entities, Archax, Ziglu, and Digivault, and the custody business of Diginex have also received to get an MLR license.
Governments Are Introducing Stricter Crypto Policy
The Crypto market might have come a long way in 2021 both in terms of adoption and valuations, but governments around the globe remain skeptical. This is the reason governments around the globe are working towards introducing stricter policies around the crypto market. The US government passed the controversial infrastructure bill despite wide protests from the crypto community as well as several senators themselves.
The likes of China, Russia, Nigeria, and a few others have also outright banned the use of digital assets in their financial system. However, small nations such as El Salvador which has made Bitcoin a legal tender this September are already reaping the benefits of a decentralized currency. The President of the country Nayib Bukele has bought BTC in September at a discounted price and now that the BTC is near ATH, he is using the profits to build schools and hospitals.
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?