As part of its collaboration with crypto-investment firm Galaxy Digital, TIME Magazine is set to feature Ethereum (ETH) on its balance sheet. This collaboration will allow the popular media publication to educate its readers about the metaverse through a newsletter dubbed “Into the Metaverse.”
TIME Magazine Becomes First Media Organization To Add ETH To Balance Sheet
According to a press release by the company, the media publication maintained its focus on crypto and Web3, carrying out all the transactions in ETH, thereby becoming the first major media organization to do so.
Even as TIME is set to hold ETH on its balance sheet for the first time, the payment did not just come to be. This payment comes after TIME started accepting crypto payments for its digital subscriptions back in April 2021 as the brand continues to establish its foothold in the cryptocurrency industry.
Meanwhile, TIME Magazine is set to also launch a TIME 100 Companies list for metaverse, along with the newsletter. The list will include all companies whose works are helping the blockchain and crypto-space to become more accessible, and then the companies that provide solutions towards the improvement of the metaverse sector.
Ether is not the only crypto feature on TIME’s balance sheet though. The cryptocurrency will be joining Bitcoin — which was paid for a top deal with another investment management firm, Grayscale, back in April.
Growing Interests In Digital Assets
Recall that back in March, TIME released a set of three TIME covers as non-fungible tokens NFTs at an auction, including the very first cover ever designed.
Although, TIME magazine’s Ethereum holdings has never been tried before in the world of media, many institutional investors are currently eyeing the network as a potentially viable investment asset. As of this moment, Ether now features on the balance sheets of investment firm Galaxy Digital, Hive blockchain, and crypto-exchange Coinbase.
And seeing as most of these are arguably some of the biggest companies operating in the crypto-space, then the importance of the foray of TIME magazine into ETH cannot be overemphasized.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?