Binance.US has decided to eliminate any fees on spot trading of several popular crypto assets. The US branch of the major exchange decided that it will no longer charge any fees for the spot trade of BTC to US dollars and three major stable coins: Tether, USDC and Binance USD.
In response, the shares of Robinhood are currently down while those of Coinbase are down by as much as 5%.
Binance.US Powerplay To Gain More Users
Binance.US CEO Brian Shroder told Bloomberg that he believes that this news will generate positive user sentiment and will bring them more users.
Binance.US already has a low spot and general trading fees. Forbes Advisor ranked Binance.US number 1 amongst all crypto exchanges in the US, citing its industry-low fees.
Binance.US has confirmed that it will not make any money on zero fees crypto trading.
How This Compares To Robinhood, Coinbase
Robinhood also offers commission-free crypto trading, however, traders do have to pay the spread. Moreover, while Binance.US will not make on free crypto trading, Robinhood makes a lucrative sum by getting rebates from market makers.
In a strategy known as payment for order flow, instead of routing users’ orders to major exchanges, Robinhood routes them to partner market maker firms, which offer rebates to Robinhood. This strategy was heavily criticized by Gary Gensler, the chairperson of the Security and Exchanges Commission as a major conflict of interest.
Meanwhile, Coinbase fees for crypto trades range anywhere from 1% per trade for Coinbase Wallets to 4% for purchases with credit/debit cards. It has some of the highest fees of any crypto exchange. However, Coinbase CFO Alesia Haas told CNN that it does not get paid through order flow like Robinhood and that its fees are transparent.
As Binance.US competes for users through zero fees, how Coinbase, Robinhood, and other exchanges respond, only time will tell.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?