The UST stablecoin de-peg with the U.S. Dollar has created a storm on Satoshi Street. Earlier today, the UST price dropped to a low of $0.60 de-pegging by a staggering 40% from the Dollar. This has resulted in massive liquidations of UST as well Traa’s native cryptocurrency LUNA.
As of press time, the Terra (LUNA) cryptocurrency is down 60% slipping under $25 for the first time since September 2021. In the wake of these developments, crypto exchange Binance announced that it has temporarily suspended the withdrawal of LUNa and the UST stablecoin. The official announcement reads:
Withdrawals for LUNA and UST tokens on the Terra (LUNA) network were temporarily suspended on 2022-05-10 at 02:20 AM (UTC) due to a high volume of pending withdrawal transactions. This is caused by network slowness and congestion.Binance will reopen withdrawals for these tokens once we deem the network to be stable and the volume of pending withdrawals has reduced. We will not notify users in a further announcement. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Lunda Foundation Guard Starts Liquidating Its Bitcoins
This is a real test for Terra’s parent organization, the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG). LFG has started liquidating its Bitcoin reserves to buy UST and bring stability back to its troubled UST stablecoin. Popular crypto analyst Colin Wu explains:
The Bitcoin address of the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG) has just transferred 28,205.5 Bitcoins to Binance, and the balance of the address is 0 now. The address transferred 42,530 bitcoins out earlier today and then transferred 28,205 bitcoins in.
However, the recent update by the Luna Foundation Guard notes that it has started to loan its Bitcoin reserves to MMs. It added:
Last clip withdrawn by the LFG was ~37K BTC. Similar to the last deployment, it has been loaned to MMs. Very little of the recent clip has been spent but is currently being used to buy $UST. Updates coming.
however, the biggest question here remains is that even if Terra manages to get this situation in control, it will be difficult to regain the investors’ trust to use the UST stablecoin.
- Why Billionaire Ray Dalio Is Still Betting Big On Bitcoin (BTC)?
- CZ Fuels Rumors Of Binance’s Trading Service Launch In Dubai
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- Shiba Inu The Most-Held Token By ETH Whales, Is Metaverse Hype Back?
- South Korean Terra Holders Skyrocketed After Its Crash, Here’s Why
- Verse Metaverse – LA Villa Hand Over On May 30
- Bitcoin (BTC) Faces A Crash To 2020 Lows, Here’s Why
- On-Chain Data: Bitcoin (BTC) Always Pegs Higher Trust Over Ether (ETH) in Bear Market
- Is Terra’s Singapore Office A “Paper Company?”
- Bitcoin (BTC) Options Market Hints Major Downside Risks Over Next 3-6 Months
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?